At Ginger Lily & Rose, our vision is to assist couples in having the wedding they have always dreamed of by providing inspiration, passion about the natural world and years of industry experience. Our open, friendly and enthusiastic approach to floral artistry makes your decision-making easy and stress free. Julia loves to create designs that reflect your personality - from colourful and textural to simple and understated. We can tailor our designs to suit your needs and budget.
We love clients who are willing to be daring, have a sense of adventure and want to have a fun, positive experience in the wedding planning process.
Our unique planning service includes inspirational colour palettes, recommended industry contacts, location scouts and an on location hourly rate that will ensure your day goes off with perfection.
We operate out of a rejuvenated blue Queenslander by the sea, on Rose Street at Shelly Beach. You can come to the studio for your consultation or we can arrange a phone call too. We want to make things easy for you!
a little historyGardening and creating beauty from the natural world is a passion Julia has embraced since childhood. Julia and her sister would spend summers in the rambling gardens of Victoria, where hydrangea, camellia and roses were in abundance. The love of nature stemmed strongly from the art her grandmother produced, the fairies in the garden and the smell of freshly mown lawns. A childhood rich in story telling and hidden doors in the garden is one that Julia strives to bring into her business today - a strong belief that anything is possible with a little imagination! Ginger Lily & Rose Floral Studio was created over 5 years ago with a vision to create floral pieces for people who wanted something ‘other than the norm’. Julia chose the name to pay homage to her grandfather, Geoffrey Shrapnel, who was one of the pioneers to the Buderim Ginger Factory in Yandina. His love of the land and Sunshine Coast has always helped drive the vision Julia has for Ginger Lily & Rose. A vision to embrace the natural world we share and bring the impossible into the realm of reality. Julia tries to use only Australian grown blooms to support our local farmers, and will always choose extra special treasures from her very own garden for those 'garden bouquets' we all love so much!
a few words about me!
1. Why do you love working with flowers so much?Flowers lift my spirit and bring so much joy to my life. Ever since I was a little girl I have marveled at the simplicity and complexity (yes both!) of plants and their flowers. I love exploring gardens and stopping to smell the roses.
2. What’s the best part about the Sunshine Coast Wedding industry?There are a myriad of places to be married here – from beautiful coastal beaches and parks to the lush, green hinterland region. The diverse countryside and surrounds makes for diverse weddings – no two are ever the same!
3. Where does your inspiration come from?Inspiration comes mostly from the garden - however following international trends help us to incorporate new ideas with our tried and true ways of creating a unique piece that is a wonder to behold.
4. Do you have a favourite flower?There is not enough time in the day to explain how I feel about ALL flowers – so choosing one out of millions is simply too hard to do. However my top three wedding flowers would have to be: Hydrangea, Phalaenopsis orchids, Heirloom roses
5. Do you have staff that help you on big jobs?I am very lucky to have several wonderful people who help me on a regular basis. Holly has an eye for colour, composition and exquisite detail. Her floristry skills stem from a love for art and design. Sheryl is pretty much my personal assistant and is awesome with location set up. She has an eye for detail and is a perfectionist on the job! Her background is event/ceremony design. Lauren inspires me every day and definitely keeps me passionate about this industry. She is my senior florist and has over 15 years experience in the industry. Her bouquet building skills are superb! Anita is my casual gal who loves to come and play and does an awesome job doing it. She has a natural flair for design principles and is brilliant on location!
we believe all couples deserve stunning, one-of-a-kind florals for their wedding day
Visit our photo gallery and see how we can help style your special day.